Tuesday, February 21, 2006

dewy

last year on june 15, the day before my mom's death anniversary, i cheered myself up by adding a new family member: the most adorable bichon shitzu pup, named 'dewy'

dewy has been one of the best things i could have ever spent my money on. boo and i both have an allergy to dogs so we needed a non-shedding pet.

i can honestly say that he has brought more enjoyment than anything else other than the hub and kids.

he's licked my tears, turned my sadness into laughter, instinctly on his own.

he's the 3rd child that i always wanted but don't have to breastfeed at 2 in the morning :)

he has truly become "man/woman's best friend"

4 comments:

b said...

On the one year anniversary of my husband's death, I went out and bought a whole new bedroom set.

It doesn't lick my face, but it sure makes me smile. And I will always associate with that horrible anniversary, that was made just a little bit less horrible.

*raise glass* May your dog always remind you of your mom :O)

b

emotional girl said...

i actually got dewy on my mom's 3rd anniversary...weirdly enough it seemed to be a harder year. i think because the 1st your still numb, the 2nd you're just grateful to not be in that stage anymore and the 3rd it starts to fully set in. hopefully the following ones lessen...fingers crossed. :)

b said...

fingers crossed with you!

Sombrio Beach said...

Dogs are good for that!