Monday, September 18, 2006

I feel the need to stand up for housewives everywhere!

I think there is a stereotype of housewives that just isn't true, anymore at least.

We are not frumpy.

We are not just mindless women dressed in sweater sets.

Yes, I do own sweater sets. I like to match sometimes, okay?

But other times I do go "out of the box" and not match

Hell, I even may wear something sexy.

To toot my horn here, most times I do look very much NOT like a housewife/mother.

Yes, there are times we don't have much else to say about our lives other than our husbands or kids. Hello, they are the people we spend most of our times with.

And if we didn't we'd be just pathetic, instead of boring.

Don't single people think we want to have a little more excitement in our lives other than a new recipe for meatloaf?

Sure, I'd love to have something new and fun to write about everyday. Like I did when I was single.

I still remember the high you could get from meeting a new guy. The talking for hours about whether he likes you enough. The excitement of getting ready for the bar or a date.

Instead of now talking for minutes about our children. Or hey, did you watch Desperate Housewives last night?

See the popularity of that shows is because every character is truly made up of every housewife.

We can be as anal and controlling as Bree and wanting to keep up with "the image"

Minutes later we can be as frazzled as Lynnette struggling to raise our kids and have a life as well, let alone a sex life.

Now most of don't have an affair with the lawn boy. Of course most of us cut the lawns ourselves. But I for one would like to have Gabby's body. Hell, I'd settle to have my pre-babies body again.

I know I have had 'Susan' moments...Most of my moments are probably Susan moments o)

But in all honestly I very much did enjoy my single life. That is, when I wasn't crying my eyes out over a man/boy who didn't deserve my tears. Or when I wasn't slapping someone who called me a slut after sleeping with him. Or spending an awful a lot of time alone, wondering when I'd finally meet the one.....At least the one who loved me enough to marry me.

I'd have to say my "housewife life" may be boring and I may seem like I sometimes live in 'Stepford' but I am a lot more confident now, I'm definitely not passive anymore and I am way hotter.

Even in my sweater set.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're too cute! I don't watch that show and I don't own any sweater sets and I would NEVER EVER think that you were mindless, boring OR frumpy! I think you are fab. ;)