Sunday, October 07, 2007

I'm sad.

Really sad.

Maybe sad in a very unhealthy way.

I'm sad today because i have nowhere to go for turkey dinner (most canadians have their turkey on Sun). We were at my in-laws last night for turkey but it's just not the same.

Not having anywhere to go tonight and being the lazy ass I am (I should have cooked a turkey tonight for us) just makes me lonely. Everyone else having dinner somewhere as I sit here debating giving my kids Mickey D's or *Quiznos (told you I was lazy...I didn't cook anything)

I just miss the days when my mom cooked dinner and I went to where I knew I belonged.

they say "Home is where your heart is"

I think I may have misplaced mine somewhere.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

When I moved back here, I started cooking Thanksgiving dinner myself. After Mom passed and I was still in AZ people always invited me to their houses and that was nice of them...but it made me lonely. When I got back here I wanted to do things the way my Mom and Nana did them. I wanted their food. They never let me help so I had to just do everything from memory and it worked! It made me feel closer to them and even if I do it just for me...I'm going to continue to do it. I know it wouldn't be the same, but you can come here next month if you'd like. ;)

emotional girl said...

Would love to but I think your Thanksgiving is the same time that our cruise to Eastern Caribean is. Next year....you can come here first then I'll go down there.

Anonymous said...

i know how you feel honey, miss my family and friends i have lost too x