Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Every Christmas up until my mom passed away, she gave the kids and I a Christmas decoration. I made a new tradition the Christmas after....the kids got to pick their own decoration from grama. They love this and it makes them feel closer to her.

This year I asked for another tradition...that the hub would pick out a decoration and surprise me with what he picked.

Christmas morning I unwrapped a beautiful purple angel.

It wasn't for a week that he told me the reason why.

" I bought you an angel because it reminds me of you...the angel that saved me from my life of self-destruction"

reason #458 of why I love this man.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My Mom and Nana used to always buy each other ornaments, especially the Hallmark ones that had the year stamped on them. I still have all of them. And, for the record, you are an angel.

emotional girl said...

Awww, you're too sweet.
hanging up those decorations must bring wonderful and sad memories all at the same time for you.