Tuesday, May 09, 2006

while watching 'O' today with a famous cyclist's ex-wife, i thought about what they were saying...

how women, especially married, can sometimes lose ourselves in our 'man' or relationships. how sometimes we become 'who we think people want us to be'

this is something i have tried very hard to stay away from.

i have worked really hard on staying who i am , maybe even better with my partner but not solely because of him.
i think i've done a pretty good job at it but that was/is not always the case.

they talked about lists: your own list in life.

so i decided to write my own list of what i love, mine only:

things i love: (not in any order)

my children
hub
books
my family
my dog
flannel sheets
flannel jammies
the color pink
pork chops
turkey and mashed potatoes with gravy
reading blogs and learning about other people
tea
snuggling in bed when it's raining
absolut vodka and juice martinis
ice cream cakes
my children's laughter
my hub's blue eyes, especially the crinkle lines when he smiles
sunny days
purses/wallets
avocados
freckles
candles
hot tubs
campfires
roasted marshmallows
holidays: easter, christmas, halloween
daisies
sunflowers
blooming trees
the smell of freshly-cut grass
playing/splashing at the lake
my friends
flip flops
chocolate
my life and
myself

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You and I love quite a few of the same things! ;)

emotional girl said...

of course we....we were destined to be friends

Anonymous said...

Do you ever feel trapped? Not necessarily in your relationship but life in general?

emotional girl said...

i wrote something about anon's comments but before i can post it i need to know if it's okay to. i wouldn't want intrude on someone else's personal space by posting it here. if it's okay let me know,(without names and specifics obviously), maybe someone else needs to hear it also. luv you ET.